The Greenhouse vegetable farming is a dimension of the Agricultural real estate enterprise of FarmKonnect Nigeria. Designated for production of fruits and leafy vegetables, the Greenhouse project aims at promoting food security in Africa and the world at large and solving the problem of global poverty through environmentally controlled farming.
The project currently has two phases located in two regions of the country, namely; the WaVe city in the South-west and the Navigand Cluster in the South-east.
The WaVe City
The WaVe city encompasses a cluster of ten thousand Greenhouses on a 500 hectares land in Wasimi, Osun State, Nigeria. Specifically designed to service the markets and the locals in the South-western part of the country, the Wave city project will run alongside other complementary farming activities, such as poultry and insect farming on the same land. This is a strategic method of enhancing the sustainability of the project through comprehensive food and energy circle; the insects will provide proteins for the poultry and the fishes, the poultry waste will serve as manure for the Greenhouses and the food waste from the Greenhouses will be used to generate renewable energy to power the farms.
The Navigand Cluster
The Navigand cluster, comprising over 1,500 Greenhouses, is an extension of FarmKonnect’s vegetable farming project to the south-eastern part of the country. The project which is strategically located in the Imo State Polytechnic, Imo State, Nigeria will service the south-east and the south-south market and create wealth and wider economic opportunities for investors and natives of the locality.
Sponsoring of the Project
The Greenhouse project is divided into five modules for sponsorship, namely; Patch, half-unit, unit, cluster and enclave. Investors could invest in any of these modules as enumerated below:
- Patch: a Patch comprises one-tenth of a unit of the Greenhouse, covering Ten Square Meters of land. An investor could sponsor a Patch at one hundred and fifty thousand naira (N150, 000) with a return on investment of fifty Thousand Naira (N50, 000) per cycle (every six months) for 15 years.
- Half Unit: Covering Fifty Square Meters of land, half of a unit of the Greenhouse is open to sponsorship at seven hundred thousand naira (N700, 000) with a return on investment of two hundred and fifty thousand naira (N250, 000) per cycle (every six months) for 15 years.
- Unit: Covering a hundred Square Meters of land, a Unit of the greenhouse is open for sponsorship at 3 Million Naira with a return on investment of five hundred thousand naira (N500, 000) per cycle (every six months) for 15 years.
- Cluster: Covering four hundred Square Meters of land, a cluster which comprises 4 units of the greenhouse is open to investors for sponsorship at 5 Million Naira with a return on investment of 2 Million Naira per cycle (every six months) for 15 years.
- Enclave: An Enclave is a group of twenty greenhouses, running through 2000 square Meters of land. An enclave can be sponsored at 25 Million Naira with a return on investment of 10.4 Million Naira per cycle (every six months) for 15 years.
The structure of the project is presented in the table below:
Table1: The Greenhouse Project structure
|S/N||Modules||Land area||Capital (₦)||ROI (₦)